Supply Chain and Technical Manager, Fosroc UK, RoI and Denmark
What does your role involve?
To manage the supply of products to meet customer demand. This involves
- Determining optimum supply chain solutions for sourcing. Factors to consider include: HSE issues; logistics; reliability; capacity; quality and price.
- Co-ordinating cross-functional teams to ensure products are: fit for purpose; of consistent quality; appropriately packaged; are delivered according to customer requirements.
- Providing technical support to customers and developing new products according to market requirements.
How long have you been with the company?
Your story - career summary to date
Started in 1989 as a Development Chemist with Fosroc International. Worked on new product development projects which improved top line growth. Under took several overseas secondments to transfer and localise the technology. After a series of successful projects, Fosroc enabled me to obtain an MSc in Polymer Technology which was linked to a business need in developing new technology. The new technology has been commercialised culminating in a specific product range. After leading global development projects I moved to Al Gurg Fosroc, UAE in 2004 for seven years as Technical Manager. Due to the nature of the business undertook additional roles of Lean Manufacturing Manager and Marketing Manager. To understand more about how business’s work I undertook a MBA which Fosroc supported. The MBA helped identify opportunities in the AGF business which were exploited. Relocated to Fosroc UK in Nov 2011 as Technical Manager and have recently added Supply Chain Manager to the role.
Why Fosroc? And what do you enjoy most about Fosroc?
- Fosroc provides real solutions to customers and can make a positive contribution to improving the construction and longevity of a structure
- Fosroc thinks global and acts local. The benefits of a large organisation in terms of central support but the ability to be flexible according to the local environment.
- A real commitment to HSE excellence, safety of the employees and environment is a top priority
- Strong performance management culture, where individuals are rewarded on merit.
- Fosroc have supported my career path. I still find the work, both in teams and individually, challenging, interesting and often stimulating
What does Fosroc offer future employees? (In addition to the points mentioned above)
- Opportunities for employees to contribute to the business, it’s down to you. Employees that perform are recognized and rewarded accordingly.
- Opportunities to learn, develop and grow by putting theory or best practice into action in an organization that is continually seeking improvements
- A culture that invests and nurtures talent
Whatever your enquiry, we'd love to hear from you.