Key working relationships
- General Manager and the rest of the management team
- Regional Vice President and Regional Financial Controller
- Central Finance and Audit
- Senior staff of the group from various functions (Supply chain, Marketing, HR, IT etc.)
- Finance teams, all other employees
- RSMs & ASMs
- Group Auditors, external auditors and tax advisors
- External consultants
- Legal counsel as necessary, Lawyers
- Bankers, insurers,
- Government Authorities and Statutory bodies
Reporting To: Job holder will report to the Regional Financial Controller
Direct Reports: Financial Accountants, Finance Assistant, Credit Manager
Objectives of the role
- Manage the accounting, information technology and information systems policies ensuring that the organisation is provided with effective financial management and management information systems and to participate in the formulation and implementation of the company’s strategic plans particularly those pertaining to finance and systems.
- Ensure that the company complies with the statutory, professional and JMH group requirements in the areas of accounting, finance, computing, company secretarial and insurance.
- Ensure accurate and timely MIS to the Sr. Management team / advice and support the business on key financial parameters.
- Overseeing the finance operations and statutory reporting of operating and holding companies managed in Tamworth UK, formulating and developing systems and procedures to ensure efficient and effective management of financial control.
Key areas of responsibility
- Leads the finance team of the company providing the necessary guidance and mentoring in meeting all the objectives of the finance and accounting department.
- Design and propose MIS reports based on senior management requirements.
- Prepares reports required by Management and assist the management in implementing systems and procedures to improve finance operations.
- Defines and proposes financial systems, management information systems and policies to management.
- Monitor and advise management on Group policies on Stock & Debtors.
- Ensures that effective financial control is exercised over all aspects of the business, including working capital - through credit control policy, expenditure, minimising risk
- Specific inputs required in areas of cost containment, cost efficiency measures that adds to the company’s bottom line.
- Analysis of standard costing to ensure compliance with group policy. Regular review to appropriate cost recovery.
- Monitor / manage reporting through DAX/other reporting tools.
- Monitor and advise management on KPIs related to margins, costs, stocks etc.
- Ensures that all financial records and documents are maintained in an organized and updated filing system all the time.
- Ensures that the company complies with group requirements in timely production of monthly, interim, year-end accounts, management accounts, statutory accounts, budgets, forecasts, audit of accounts and evaluation of Capital Expenditure (CapEx), and statutory compliance in preparation of annual accounts.
- Perform analytical review of profit and loss accounts and balance sheet, trend analysis, cost centre checks and transaction processing checks.
- Formulate and monitor perpetual / periodical stock takes in conjunction with factory/NDC teams.
- Participates in overall management by providing financial input / analysis to company management in arriving at business decisions. Analyse and proactively advise on MIS reports that aid management in taking effective decisions.
- Prepare financials for capital expenditure proposals, Evaluate and monitor after approval variance analysis.
- Manage the banking and financial facilities for the company as required or directed by the group. To investigate and negotiate for adequate provision of banking and financial facilities for implementation of plans (Capex, Hedging, overdraft).
- Monitor, manage & report on financial data that goes into various sub systems i.e. BI reports.
- Supporting GM by preparing monthly presentation pack for VP review, budget/ reforecast packs.
- Ensure compliance of local laws (including taxation laws) as related to running of business and mercantile laws applicable to the group.
- Keep up to date with all local tax legislation and to advise Group of strategies to minimise local tax exposure.
- Review cash flow forecast for accuracy and ensure optimal use of available cash, input weekly cash flow forecast into cash flow tool.
- Commercial support to GM/GSM on rebates, projects, other ad-hoc requests.
- Advise on employment matters including contract of employment, employee grading and salary packages.
- Compile and analyse company budgets and projections. Assist in the development of financial forecasts and budgets. Budgets and forecast analysis.
- Feasibility studies on specific projects.
- Handle other tasks that may be assigned by Management as the need arises
Key Skills and Experiences
- Professional qualification in accountancy (ICAEW, ICAI, ACCA, CIMA, AICAI, AICWA, CPA) for companies above US$ 10 M turnover and for other companies minimum a graduate in accounting or similar business qualification
- Significant post qualification experience in multinational industrial groups with exposure to manufacturing organisations
- Strong management accounting skills. Experience working at a senior level – managing financial & management accounts.
- Excellent command of the English language both written and spoken and good communication skills
- HSE awareness and commitment towards the HSE policies
- Strong awareness on IT for business, exposure to ERP systems and standard costing systems
- Excellent skills on MS office applications, computer literate with outstanding skills in Excel and should have good exposure to databases & concepts
- Sound working knowledge of general business principles and their applications in industry
- Good knowledge of accounting standards, taxation and other regulatory financial reporting requirements. Result oriented and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines. A team player with strong organisation skills.
- As a senior member of the finance team, the jobholder should also have a sound working knowledge of general business principles and their applications to industry.
- Exposure to chemical / batch processing units and construction markets
- Exposure to business intelligence tools (Cognos, Brio, Business objects and the like)
- IFRS reporting
- Expertise in ERP systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics (DAX)
- Exposure to manufacturing organisations and standard costing systems
Apply for this vacancy
Whatever your enquiry, we'd love to hear from you.