Key Account Manager - National
Part of the National Team whose purpose is to create strategy, plan, build and manage targeted Tier 1 & Tier 2 Key Accounts. Deliver profitable growth in line with the regional sales budget.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To closely liaise with other members of the National Sales Team, National Key Account Manager and Regional teams when calling on contractors who may be preparing tenders for contracts in order that a Fosroc product submission can be made.
- To find and engage with the key people within the targeted organisations and create a technically led partnership leading to FOSROC being considered as their first priority/contact for their project demands
- To produce and deliver technical presentations as may be required to assist in the job holders overall work activities assisting the Key Accounts with value engineered solutions
- To produce and deliver such product training presentations as may be required by customers.
- To introduce complete product solution offer to Key Accounts
- Stay abreast and circulate relevant market information
- Act as a company liaison with major/targeted contractors and interface with other Fosroc Units in respect of product and technical issues.
- Identify supply chain agreement opportunities.
- Provide Specifications, Technical Documents and Quotations to Key Accounts with the assistance of Regional Sales Team.
- Monitor all submitted Specifications/Quotations through to order conversion.
- Achieve targets set based on Key Account turnover including quotations, Gold product sales, project leads and supply chain agreements
The prime objectives of the job are to manage the relationship and interaction of FOSROC with targeted key customers,
- Achieve regional sales budget across the complete product solution
- Manage a set number of Key Accounts from early engagement on projects through to supply chain agreements via regular project related meetings
- Generate and follow leads to obtain Fosroc product specification from Key Accounts as appropriate.
- Provide support to the sales team when interacting with these accounts.
- Organise and deliver CPD courses/technical presentations to Key Accounts.
- Support Sales Team on any contracts that FOSROC has with Key Accounts across the region. Engage target accounts in projects in pre-tender stages to provide the best technical and financial solutions.
- Offer Technical support pre-tender and post-tender to the key account technical teams.
Key Skills and Experiences
Key Working Relationships:
- Sales Staff – Regular contact as required to provide the necessary leadership and support and ensure that necessary information is delivered down the line, gain first hand knowledge of key issues affecting the business ensure effective progress against agreed targets.
- All other Fosroc units – To keep regular contact to gain an understanding of the unit functionality, it’s strength and weaknesses in order to better plan for the future.
- Functional Corporate Department Staff - Contact as required to progress the implementation of agreed objectives, provide necessary information and feedback.
- National Key Account Manager - regular contact to report and update on key developments in the accounts, seek advice/approval of major issues affecting the business, understand, follow and implement the national strategy.
- Key Clients – Regular contact to keep abreast of changing requirements, market conditions, gain feedback on customer satisfaction and provide necessary peer level sales support to the sales teams.
- Leading Members of the Business Community – As required keeping abreast of the latest changes in the business environment and gaining any assistance and support as may be beneficial to the development of sales.
- Architects/ engineers
Knowledge/ Skills/ Experience/ Personal Attributes:
- To possess a comprehensive and broad understanding of technical sales.
- Good relations and ability to communicate and develop business relationships with key contractors.
- Analytical and problem solving ability is important.
- Good communication skills
- Sound understanding of the UK Construction process.
- Project tracking experience of specifications and quotes.
- Competitor knowledge
- Civil / Structural Engineering Degree
- Proven experience relating to technical aspects of the construction industry.
- A sound knowledge of Fosroc business. This involves good broad product and technical knowledge.
Apply for this vacancy
Delivering exceptional products worldwide
Whatever your enquiry, we'd love to hear from you.