Job holder will report to Product Development Manager.
Direct reports – None
Objectives of the role:
- To undertake product development & delivery in a timely manner, by working on agreed technical projects either as a team member or as the project leader, in support of the Sales or Production functions.
- Undertake product testing & modification as required to meet specified requirements according to national or European standards.
- Evaluate alternative raw materials, reporting the work accordingly.
- To support the Quality Control department as required, through specified QC / QA tests for particular raw materials, Fosroc finished products and re-validation of expired materials.
- Provide technical support at site if required
- Represent the company at technical associations
- To be responsible for all aspects of Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) in assigned areas.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Improve the delivery of new products which increase trading profit.
- Undertake independent and in house product testing to prove product datasheet claims.
- Assist with new raw materials and finished goods approval (according to company guidelines) to support the supply chain and generate savings to the bottom line
- Laboratory maintenance including HSE
Key working relationships:
- UK Technical team
- Operations Manager/Department
- Fosroc International Laboratory team
- Test houses
- Equipment suppliers
- Material suppliers
Key Skills and Experiences
- Applied Chemistry or Materials degree.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic.
- Willingness to be ‘hands on’. Good practical skills.
- Full UK driving licence
- Knowledge of different technologies particularly: cement; epoxy; PU and acrylic.
- Able to prioritise and deliver products based on business/commercial requirements.
- Proactive and flexible attitude with ability to work in different teams.
- Wllingness to travel as required in UK and abroad
Apply for this vacancy
Whatever your enquiry, we'd love to hear from you.