Cooling Tower, India
Talcher Super Thermal Power Station or NTPC Talcher Kaniha is located in the Angul district of Odisha. It is the first mega power plant of India to have an installed generation capacity of 3000 MW.
Talcher Super Thermal Power Station or NTPC Talcher Kaniha is located in the Angul district of Odisha. It is the first mega power plant of India to have an installed generation capacity of 3000 MW. Primary fuel: coal; capacity: 3000 MW; units operational: 6 × 500 MW.
The client decided to apply an anti-carbonation protective coating to its several cooling towers during shutdown to prevent further deterioration.
As a world-leading solution provider for the repair and protective coatings segment, Fosroc proposed the ideal product for repair and protection of the exposed concrete surfaces of the IDCT cooling towers using:
- Renderoc HS-Extra, a dual shrinkage, fiber-reinforced, single component, polymer modified cementitious repair mortar for repair
- Conbextra EP10M, a two-part epoxy resin system for grouting gaps ranging from 0.25mm to 9mm and used as epoxy mortar as well
- Nitowrap EP(GF), a glass fiber composite wrapping system used for structural strengthening of cooling towers
- Dekguard E2000, an aliphatic, water based, two-coat, anti-carbonation protective coating
- Nitocote EM300, a high performance, corrosion-resistant, MIO-based epoxy-polyamide coating system, licensed and approved by CECRI
Fosroc is a single point solution provider for all product segments and all product baskets used for the repair methodology of the project. This are the key points of our success story.
These are some of the benefits of complying with all of the requirements of structural strengthening:
- Economical and efficient
- Addition of steel often applied in the form of plates and jackets
- Increases the seismic capacity of the structure
Unfortunately there was an error loading this content, please check back later.
There were no items found.
Whatever your enquiry, we'd love to hear from you.